Monday, August 31, 2009

A Walk To Remember

The last book Iread was A walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. This was written in 1999 but was set in 1953 in Beaufort North Carolina. It was also turned into a film. This book was based upon a love story. A popular guy named Landon Carter gets into some trouble and has to participate in after school activities such as the spring play. Jamie Sullivan is a very quite girl, very Christian, and her father is the pastor of a church. Since Landon must participate in the spring play and other activities, he comes around towards Jamie such as talking and running over lines at her house. Landon and Jamie are very different people but they strike a friendship and Landon ends up falling in love with her. Later on he finds out Jamie has cancer. After awhile Jamie falls in love with Landon and accepts his proposal. Jamie was able to spend a couple months married to Landon until she passed away.

Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author, I've read a few of his books. His books are mostly romance and it's what I like to read about normally. This is by far my favorite book I've read so far by Nicholas Sparks.

4 comments:

  1. Would you recommend this book to me? I love romance books and movies.. and this is deffinately one of my favorite movies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i have read this book. and for anyone who thinks its girly its accualy a really really grate book. i enjoyd it. ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this author. I think my next independent reading book is going to be this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I really havent read any of the books by this author but by your description it seems to me it might be a very good book to read. Maybe ill try it (:

    ReplyDelete