Friday, August 28, 2009

To kill a Mockingbird

The last book I read was To kill a mockingbird. This book was written by Harper Lee. To kill a Mockingbird was published in the year 1960. Ms. Croft chose this book for our 10th grade english class last year. The main plot of this book is about a man who was wrongfully acused of a crime he did not commit. He was convicted easily due to the fact he was african american.

This book was interesting. I would recomend this book to anyone wanting to learn more about racism, also how it affects a community of that time period. Although I would rather read books that have more suspence. But To kill a Mockingbird was a great book.

3 comments:

  1. I think this book wasn't really that bad for a book assigned. It wasn't one i would choose on my own but i didnt really mind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah so that book pretty much just gave me a different perspective on how they handled situations back then when they arose. great book in my opinion, its just i wish better justice would've been brought forth.

    in my opinion "if you aint first your last"
    (RICKY BOBBY)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an okay book asignment and it was rather easy to do. It would not be my first choice for a book but i will not be my last.

    ReplyDelete